fbpx

OUR TEAM

Meet our team of experts and passionate investors.

Genevieve Roch-Decter

CEO

DANIEL KOZEL

Head of Sales
+

NATASHA INGRAM

Head of Operations

KATHLEEN JAMES

Advertising & Admin

Genevieve Roch-Decter, CFA

CEO

GRIT is a financial media company democratizing access to institutional-quality market insights for the masses. The company is led by former +$100M money manager Genevieve Roch-Decter, CFA, who founded the company after realizing that only the top 1% we’re getting the best insights. Genevieve has built a massive community of smart, fun, and edgy investors around the other 99%, with +64,000 newsletter subscribers, including the #1 FREE finance newsletter on Substack globally, and a following which totals over 400,000 investors around the world! Join our community of institutions, billionaires, advisors & regular people who are “Relentlessly Chasing ROI”.

From 2006-2020, Genevieve built one of the leading boutique investor relations firms in Canada. The firm specialized in showcasing small public & private companies to institutional and retail investors via traditional & new age social/digital media marketing. Grit Capital represented over 30 clients, hosted dozens of conferences and hundreds of roadshows as well as built a large social media presence.

From 2008-2016, Genevieve worked as an analyst & portfolio manager at LDIC Inc., a $600M asset management company based in Toronto. For 7 years she managed the Redwood Global Small Cap Fund, the best-performing small cap fund in Canada in 2009, 2010, & 2014 (as tracked by GlobeFunds). She also helped raise +$70MM in assets from investment advisors and high networth investors across Canada. She also helped co-manage the Health Care Special Opportunities Fund and the LDIC North American Infrastructure Fund. She received her CFA in 2011 & Level 1 Charted Market Technician designation (CMT).

Genevieve was the Vice Chair of the Grand Commission a charity which hosted innovative gala events in support of Covenant House Toronto.

Genevieve holds an BSc. in neuroscience with a minor in economics, and attended Harvard Business School Executive Education for Private Equity & Venture Capital. She has been featured on FOX, Bloomberg, VICE, CNN, The Globe & Mail, The National Post and BNN. She is an avid skier, tennis player, golfer and wake surfer.

DANIEL KOZEL

Head of Sales

Dan has been actively involved in the Canadian capital markets space helping raise over $110M+ for various companies listed on the major Canadian exchanges (TSX, TSXV, CSE) & US exchanges (NYSE, OTCQB, OCTQX). He has also connected 300+ investors to new investment ideas and opportunities in the public markets. Dan has connected and built relationships with various investment advisors and portfolio managers all over North America to help better understand what their clients are looking and has closed $2M worth of new business in the last several years.

Dan is passionate about swing trading, options trading and long term investing – and spends his time teaching investors through his Investing Coaching business. Dan is fluent in English, French and Russian.

NATASHA INGRAM

Head of Operations

With over 10 years in business Natasha has launched, invested and partnered in multiple companies personally in addition to helping clients build their businesses. She is the Founder of Transparency, a Vancouver based marketing agency and a seasoned consultant on launch, brand development, marketing strategies, acquisition, fundraising and growth. Industry experience includes tech, cannabis, mining and financial services. Natasha is also the Founder of BIA Skin, a D2C e-commerce brand doing 7 figures annually with distribution across North America.

KATHLEEN JAMES

Advertising & Admin

Kathleen James is the advertising & admin coordinator for GRIT Capital. She is responsible for confirming all advertising content for all GRIT newsletters, compiling analytics reports, creating and sending contracts for all GRIT packages, and whatever else needs another pair of hands! Kathleen is also the founder of a boutique virtual assistant company, the Virtual Spell. She lives in Vancouver, BC with her dog, Pinot, an English Springer Spaniel. When not working, Kathleen loves to travel, go horse back riding, and hang out with friends, family, and her dog.